Camp Pixie Dust 2018-Week 3-Friendship

Fly with you fairies! I hope you all are enjoying Camp Pixie Dust! I really enjoyed Story Week. I worked on this large document I have with a bunch of random stories from my life. And...I had a few scary dreams (probably because I'm a night owl).

Anyway, this week celebrates Troop Turtle (tinker talent) and friendship! I don't know why I put these two together; I guess because many of the Tinkerbell movies are about friendship.

I had a friendship week last week, and this week is a great excuse to communicate with friends. Try communicating with people you haven't seen in a while. And if you can't, try making a scrapbook on the fun memories you had with friends.

A fun activity to try, which I tried last year, is to create friendship bracelets. You can give them to a friend or keep it for yourself. You'll need five different colors of embroidery floss and a button.

Steps:

  1. Cut 2 to 3 (I usually cut 2) feet of the first four thread colors. For the fifth color, I make this one at least a half foot longer. I use the extra thread to tie a loop knot. 
  2. I align the five pieces of thread together and tie a knot on top. I tape the tread to a hard surface with the tape on the knot
  3. I take the thread farthest to the left and place it over the second thread (create a number 4 with the 2 threads). I pull the first thread under the second one and pull tight. I do it again with the same two threads.
  4. I move the first strand of thread, so it's now the second strand. I do step 3, only I use the first and third piece of thread
  5. I repeat steps 3 and 4 until the first strand is on the end. Then, I repeat the steps with  the 2nd strand. Then the third strand, and then so on
  6. When I feel that my bracelet is long enough, I pull two strands of excess thread through the holes of a button and tie a double (or triple) knot. I trim off the excess thread, remove the tape, and my bracelet is done. The button and loop are used to close the bracelet.
Sorry if this is poorly explained. If you really can't get the embroidery bracelet method, it's okay. You can use string and beads (glow in the dark beads are the best) or Rainbow Loom bands.

And because this week is somehow about tinker talents too, here's a turtle tale from 2012.

Did you know turtles love the summer's charm?
That's because it's vacation time when its [sic] warm.
Turtles love to head off into the meadows to explore!
But you know, turtles weren't always known to roam.
In fact, they loved routine, and they never left home.
Then one summer Terry turtle gathered his pals.
He told them to go out and enjoy the weather!
Some of his pals thought they would be homesick.
Terry understood, and thought up a clever trick!
Terry asked all the turtles to pop into their shells.
This felt just like home, agreed all the turtles,
This would surely help them over their hurdle!
That summer, the turtles took a vacation.
It was the best ever so they made it a tradition!
Now, Turtle Troop always adventure without fear,
But, they bring a reminder that home is near!


Let's go off topic for a second; for this week's memory section, we'll talk about 2011's camp; Sports Camp. Sports Camp was meant to be a training camp for the Pixie Hollow Games. It introduced Marina's Place which was in Palm Tree Cove. She had a sign up quest which involved playing the minister's talent games, and you'd earn the sign up badge upon completion. The camp was divided into five two week sections, each themed after a different talent. Each section had a different Pixie Hollow Games pennant to collect at the pool, a different badge to earn  by playing a certain game while wearing your Sports Camp shirt, and a Marina quest which rewards a certain trophy. There were also leader boards on the Disney Fairies website for the two games of the certain talent during the section, because it was before the Fairy Coliseum leaderboards were added.

Sports Camp had a lap pool with an interactive smoothie stand in the ballroom and Sports Camp uniforms. It also had Lyria.

Okay, let's go back to friendship!


And of course, here's this week's camp badge. Oh, and I'm sort of basing this year's format on 2010's camp, where a new badge was added every week and you could earn all the badges throughout the entire summer, so if you miss a week, feel free to check previous blog posts for the badges.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflake's Pixie Postings-March 2019

Snowflake's Postings-November 2019

Snowflake's Postings-December 2019