Camp Pixie Dust 2018 Week 4-Magic in Everyday Life

Hello pixie campers! I hope you're enjoying this flitterific summer! Hope you all enjoyed friendship week last week! I did a lot of work on my scrapbook and though I was unable to see anyone physically, I did manage to contact some people. Don't worry if you feel as if you missed friendship week though; you can attempt to earn last week's badge anytime throughout the summer.

 This week is all about magic in everyday life. This week is about the dust keeper talents because their talent is literally about magic. And in order to give all the talent troops a week, I'm adding music talents, because music just sounds magical!

Because I'm getting older, I'm unfortunately loosing my ability to believe in magic (which I won't let happen). However, in the summer, I somehow have a stronger belief in magic than any other time of year. I don't know why really. But I did see something magical during my walk yesterday. One tree sort of looked like it had a door on it. Some can argue that it's just a part of the tree that looks like a door, but I want to believe. That tree looked like a nice little fairy house on the mainland. It's also surrounded by poison ivy, to prevent humans from going near it.

It may difficult if you're no longer a child, but try to see magic in everyday life. It'll make you much happier. For example, see a mosquito bite as a pinch from a mischievous fairy. Another fun idea is to read fairy books, even if they seem like they're for younger readers; they helped me make life more magical. I might look back on Disney Fairies books and the Rainbow Magic books I used to be really into. You can also write a story of you going to Neverland for a summer vacation, or draw a picture of you and your friends as fairies.

Another fun idea is to think of magical events that occurred in your life. Even if they're not actually magical, they may seem magical. Here's one example; a few years ago, I remembered this one girl that used to go to my school, but she moved. For some reason, I assumed she's a Libra dancer that dyed her hair blonde since she moved. But I sort of dismissed that thought as it was just a silly assumption. However, when I found her on Instagram, she is a Libra dancer that did dye her hair blonde.

Another magical event occurred when I was in 5th grade, a year when kindergarten started returning (and if that sounds familiar, I based Spirit Prep off of this, so thank you kindergarten). Anyway, I was waiting for my mom to finish a race, and while waiting, the announcer said the names that were the same as my two best friends from kindergarten in the same sentence. Immediately after announcement, these two woman finished together. So, one of my kindergarten friends has darkish skin and dark hair, and the other is sort of pale with black hair. The two woman I saw were much older than my friends, but they did have the same physical characteristics. It's like it was reminding me of kindergarten. In fact, there were kindergarten reminders throughout this entire year ever since they appeared in my mind out of nowhere on the first bus ride that year.

So, these were my stories. What magical events happened in your life?

And if you're looking for a simpler activity, maybe you can visit some of the magical meadows on FairyABC. I especially love the new ones like Mid Night and the Realm. I wonder why they're in Neverland! 


So, let's look back on some Camp Pixie Dust memories. One of the reasons why this event is my favorite is because the 2010 edition added so much to Pixie Hollow. It began the tradition of events becoming more full and interactive. Here are some more innovative:
  • Pixie Pals first visited during Camp 2010; they were known as camp counselors
  • The first special event emote was in this event; it was the s'more emote. There were also three ribbon emotes in 2010
  • The campfire was the first ever theatre decoration that wasn't actually a play
  • This was also the first event where you could see a theatre performance
  • S'mores were the first special event craft. This event had two other event crafts as well
  • This event added interactive meadow activities such as Bee's Eye and the ice rink
  • This was the first and only event where a shop was decorated (Cassie's had a banner)
  • This is also the first event where the Tearoom was decorated
  • And finally, it was the first event where famous fairies didn't just wear their original clothes; they wore camp uniforms (in 2010 only)
Oh, and Camp Pixie Dust was also the longest event. 2010's camp lasted for ten weeks, while 2012 lasted for three whole months!

And to close this post, here's a campfire story. This is a Lyria tale from 2010.

The Growling Forest

Our first story is TRUE and happened only recently ...
Gather ‘round campers and listen, if you please.
Have you ever heard noises coming from The Silver Trees?
Spooky sounds like growls and snarls that float on the breeze!
Queen Clarion asked for volunteers to see what they could be!
Dale the tinker flew in first ...
... then ran in fear when he saw the worst!
Ginger was the next to try ...
... and she saw a sight that made her fly!
Last came Posy -- she looked around ...
... and then she heard it, the spooky sound!
Can you guess what it was?
The silliest thing!
Lalla the lady bug was trying to SING!
Posy told Lalla that lessons help most.
Lessons from songbirds help hit high notes!
So the songbirds taught Lalla to sing clear and bright ...
... and now The Silver Trees ring with her songs day and night!
So ends my story. I hope you enjoyed it!




And of course, here's a badge.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflake's Postings-November 2019

Snowflake's Postings-December 2019

Snowflake's Pixie Postings-March 2019