2017 Animal Masquerade Mainland Activities

This is my second Animal Masquerade post and this will be about fun Halloween things to do on the mainland.

Here's a decoration idea; use black yarn to create a spider web shape on one of your walls! Another idea that can work for any time in fall is to paint on a fake or even a real pumpkin (I wrote "fall" in cursive and added swirls, all in fall colors!)

Simple fairy costume

What you need:
  • Tee shirt (depends on color of your talent)
  • Tutu and leggings, skirt or any bottom that matches your talent color
  • Fabric paint
  • Costume wings the color of your talent
  • Accessories that match your talent (I'm adding a wand with my costume even though never fairies don't use wands :P)
Paint your talent logo on the tee shirt!

You can add a fairy dust necklace to your costume with a tiny vial charm (I got mine at a craft store). Fill the vial with fairy dust and put the vial on a necklace cord. I've created a Pixie Dust Alchemy post this past summer with more info on fairy dust you can create.

Here are some accessory ideas. The accessories can even be random accessories you have at home;

  • Tiara and wand (not talent specific, just a little somethin')
  • Hair ribbon your talent color
  • Hair flower your talent color (especially if you're a flower fairy)
  • Headband your talent color
  • Leaf belt that can be made from a leaf garland (perfect for any kind of nature talent)
  • Hair bow accessory your talent color (a gold sparkly bow is perfect for dust keeper!)
Now, let's talk about pumpkin carving! Most of my decorations are fake pumpkins, but I carve real pumpkins every year that we display on the porch. The pumpkins have a candle inside them so they give off a beautiful glow! Here's a fairy idea I actually got from a Disney Fairies magazine; carve doors and windows in the pumpkin to make it look like a nice little fairy house! 

I posted my Animal Masquerade badge on my last post, but here's a water talent revelry badge.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflake's Pixie Postings-March 2019

Snowflake's Postings-November 2019

Snowflake's Postings-December 2019