2017 Winter Wonderland Party!

The time is here; winter officially hits the mainland on December 21st! Every year in Pixie Hollow to celebrate, there's the Winter Wonderland party. The first one was back in December 2008, and the tradition continued every year since. Starting in 2010, the ice palace (AKA Winterhall) opens during the event, and you'll need to complete a quest and earn a key badge in order to enter. The ice palace was filled with ice sculpture presents for your home as well as a piano. You could also throw snowballs in the ballroom.

In 2009, there were 12 short famous fairy quests which each involve one task. At the end of each quest, you'd earn an ornament based on a certain line of the 12 Days of Christmas song. There was even a tree with those ornaments in Cottonpuff Field.

So, here are some wintery outfits that were from the original Hollow! The pictures were from last year and this year.

 Summit Style
Gale's Outfitters and Summit Style

 Summit Style
 Summit Style
 Summit Style
 Summit Style
Summit Style

And here are some outfits I created.






If you want more outfits, a bunch of people on the FairyABC forum are doing the 12 Days of Outfits thing where each day you'd get new outfits from different people. My outfits are inspired by the actual 12 Days of Christmas song.

Christmas Tree Idea

My family always has a large, real Christmas tree in the living room, but I have a small fake one in my room. This is the one that's inspired by Pixie Hollow. I decided to use Pixie Hollow's 12 days of Christmas inspired ornaments. Here's what I did:

  1. I take put pictures of the ornaments on a Microsoft Word document. Make sure the pictures of each ornament are the same size and I recommend you flip one of them.
  2. Print the document out and cut each ornament out. Glue one of each ornament on a peace of cardboard from a cereal box or something
  3. Cut the cardboard ornaments out and glue the matching ornament on the empty side of the cardboard
  4. Tie a loop knot on a peace of string and trim the string so that you only have the tied loop. Tape the loop to the ornaments 
As for the partridge tree topper,  I glued both partridge pictures to cardboard and glued the cardboard peaces to a paper tube. I put the paper tube on top of the tree.

Now you have a magical Christmas tree to put presents for your friends under! You can use Pixie Hollow as inspiration for any kind of DIY ornament!

What I'm giving my friends this year are homemade bracelets (I think homemade gifts are the best as they're more personal, harder to get, and you won't have to do as much shopping, plus they're fun to make) along with cards. I made the cards using rectangles of white paper. I used glitter paper to cut Christmas tree, snowflake and ribbon shapes to glue onto each card. You can decorate the rest of the cards with colored pencils, glitter, stickers and hole punchers. Make sure you sign them!


Another fun decoration idea I did is creating a garland with candles cut from glitter paper. I made a green, red, blue, yellow, orange and purple candle for my garland.

Happy Holidays and winter! My next post will be on the 26th!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflake's Postings-November 2019

Snowflake's Pixie Postings-March 2019

Snowflake's Postings-December 2019