Happy New Year 2018!

I can't believe it's almost 2018! Time flies by so fast! 2017 was a great year from starting my blog to making videos to doing tons of amazing things on the mainland. There wasn't really a new year's event in Pixie Hollow, but there should be because in my opinion, seeing holiday decorations after Christmas feels like Pixie Hollow is hungover by all the holiday festivities. When Christmas is over, I'm done with that and ready for the new year (but this year is different because I still haven't given one friend her gift yet).

So, here are a few fun things to do during the last week of the year:

  • Check your yearly horoscope
  • Make a slideshow of all the fun moments from the year (I've actually been working on one for the entire year). You can watch it on New Year's Eve.
  • I record all my dreams in a dream journal so I read the dreams from the year and record my favorites
  • Recap the year and see how it compares to others
One thing I like to make is a calendar. Here's what you need:

  • 13 pieces of cardstock
  • Hole punchers (I used a three hole punch and a single hole punch)
  • Binder rings
  • Glue
  • Calendar templates
  • Pictures for each month 
  • Pens, pencils or markers
The calendar templates I've found on Google Images have the month on it. But to make my calendar more colorful, I put the calendar template on Gimp (and photo editor will do) and erased the month name the template already had and retyped the month with a fancier font and a different color (I used a different color for the month name for each month).

As for the pictures, you can find your own online or on your camera or something, create your own on a digital editor, or use my pictures. I have three folders of them. The first folder doesn't have twelve pictures, just to remind you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByoLnm9l8OLxckt5R3RtZ3lUMFU
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByoLnm9l8OLxWnUtVGU5bmRNd3c
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18nPHQdpc9DK-bcgEOzu0gD8z8m2WkLK-

Here are the steps:

  1. Glue the January picture on one piece of cardstock
  2. On another piece of cardstock, glue the January month. Flip this piece of cardstock over to the other side like you're flipping a calendar and then glue the February picture
  3. Repeat the steps until all the pictures and months were glued on
  4. Use the three hole puncher to punch three holes in the cardstock above the month and use the single hole puncher to punch one hole below the month (or above the main picture)
  5. Put the cardstock pieces together so that if they were connected together using the three holes, they'd look like an actual calendar. (If I struggled to explain this, put the January month before the January pic like an actual open calendar, than fold the month to the pic like you're switching to the next month, okay I still might've struggled to explain)
  6. Connect the pictures together by putting the binder rings through the three holes
  7. Put events in the calendar. I recommend using colored pens. One idea is to add the moon phases
You're all done! The single hole so you can hang your calendar on the wall.

Now here are some things for the actual new year; one thing is a day journal thing I created (feel free to bind these pictures together like a book after printing). For each day, you're supposed to write down a brief overview of it, circle the Pixie Hollow emote that describes the day, and rate it. At the end of the month, answer the questions and calculate the average rating by adding up the scores and dividing it by the number of days in the month. The final page is where you record your monthly averages, write down an overview of the month and calculate the average of the year. I think this is a cool idea because it shows that some days are good and others are bad, and even after bad days things get better.

Here are the printables:

 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wTLez4UI4TKBNgcrd_dODkdw1cSSjYXe

Another idea is a jar of memories. All you need is a mason jar. Feel free to decorate. One idea is to put stickers in the jar, spray paint it, and remove the stickers once dry. Each day, write down only the good things that happened as well as the date and new ambitions and put it in the jar. You can look back at the memories at the end of  2018.

And lastly, use the new year as an opportunity to reorganize your messy life. I'm planning on giving my messy room a serious makeover.

Well, that's it for now! But before you leave here are two badges. One is an event badge and the other is a good luck badge with a jade dog because 2018 is the year of the dog.


One new year's tradition I have is doing things I believe are good luck for the new year on New Year's Eve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflake's Postings-November 2019

Snowflake's Pixie Postings-March 2019

Snowflake's Postings-December 2019